Arkansas's Pro-Life Youth Camp!
July 28-30 2017!
Come to Camp Joshua and learn how to help bring down the walls of the culture of death! Enjoy dynamic speakers, hands-on experience, interactive games, great food, and new friends.
WHAT IS CAMP JOSHUA?
Arkansas Camp Joshua (ACJ) is a three-day camp designed to train high school students to be effective pro-life leaders. It covers all the basics of pro-life issues in classes and hands-on workshops. Not only will you leave the weekend ready to spread the pro-life message, you will also have a blast making new friends, visiting the State Capitol, playing interactive camps, enjoying good food, and other activities.
Arkansas Right to Life is proud to host Arkansas' only pro-life camp for teens. Camp Joshua's goal is to train the students so that upon graduation, the students will be equipped to confidently defend their pro-life views, enact pro-life efforts in their high school and community, as well as starting critical pro-life work on their high school and college campuses.
And in case you are wondering, Camp Joshua is not a "bible camp". Joshua is a model of a young leader that took action. Just as Joshua took down the walls of Jericho, the young men and women of Camp Joshua will lead their generation in bringing down the walls of the culture of death. They will be Joshua to our world in need.
WHO CAN ATTEND AND HOW MUCH?
Arkansas Camp Joshua is open to all religious denominations, and is not affiliated with any particular religious group. It is open to all high school students.
Arkansas Camp Joshua costs $100 and includes all includes meals, accommodations, materials, and T-Shirt. Make checks payable to Arkansas Right to Life and mail with signed registration forms to: Arkansas Right to Life | PO Box 1697 | Little Rock, AR 72203.
WHERE IS ACJ Held?
ACJ will be held at CrossHeirs Retreat Center in Humphrey (about an hour and fifteen minutes from Little Rock), with the only exception being a trip to the Capitol on Sunday afternoon.
Cross Heirs Retreat Center (visit website)
Matt Mosler, Director
140 Pintail Lane
Humphrey, AR 72073
WHEN DOES THE EVENT START AND END?
- Check-in for Camp Joshua is from 3:00-3:30 p.m. on Friday, July 28th in the office of the Arkansas Right to Life state headquarters at 1515 South University Avenue, Little Rock, 72204. We will depart from Arkansas Right to Life at 4:00 p.m. sharp. ACJ is run on a tight schedule, so please arrive no later than 3:30 pm. Parents may stay and wait until we leave, but ARTL is a small building so drop-offs are preferred.
- Students will be transported to Cross Heirs Retreat Center by charter bus provided by Arkansas Destinations. All students and leaders must complete a transportation waiver. This form should be included with registration and be signed by a parent or guardian if the student is a minor.
- Drivers may leave their vehicle on the Arkansas Right to Life parking lot over the weekend at their own risk. If a student chooses to do this, Arkansas Right to Life is not responsible for damaged or stolen vehicles or property.
- Any parent who chooses to drive their child directly to CrossHeirs Retreat Center will need to arrive no later than 6:00 PM. They must inform AR Right to Life Director, Rose Mimms, of the fact that they will be traveling directly to Cross Heirs and will not be riding with the other students. The address for CrossHeirs is 140 Pintail Lane, Humphrey, AR 72073. If you need directions, you can get them at google.com/maps. If you have difficulty with directions, call Rose using the contact info below.
- On Sunday July 30th parents are welcome to attend the tour and Legislative session at the State Capitol at 2 p.m. and /or arrive at 3 p.m. for the closing program and installation ceremony in the Old Supreme Court room on the 2nd floor.
- All students must be picked up by a parent or guardian by 4 p.m.
Pro-life college students will assist with the weekend, but adult chaperones will be present at all times.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
You can either register online via PayPal or download the registration packet
***Online Registration ends July 15th, 2017. After This date, applicants may call the Arkansas Right to Life office at 501.663.4237 to register.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE!
- Click the link above to register online. Note that you still need to download the registration packet, sign the release forms, and mail them in to Arkansas Right to Life | PO Box 1697 | Little Rock, AR 72203 or scan and email to email@example.com. You do not have to have a PayPal account to register. You can select the "Pay by Debit or Credit Card" on the appopriate screen.
- Download our 2017 Registration Packet and mail in a check. Further details about camp are also included.
- With your signed registration and release forms (found in packet), please include your registration fee of $100 (includes all includes meals, accommodations, materials, and T-Shirt) payable to Arkansas Right to Life and mail to: Arkansas Right to Life | PO Box 1697 | Little Rock, AR 72203
WHAT SHOULD I PACK?
Any questions unanswered? Be sure to download our registration packet that includes everything you need to know. You can also contact us at the info below!
Camp Joshua Arkansas
July 28-30 2017
Location: Crossheirs Retreat Center
140 Pintail Lane
Humphrey, AR 72073
** PARENTS: Please see registration form and info below about drop-off and pick-up locations.